How to Properly Blow Dry Your Hair
Today’s blow dryers are often a huge improvement over older models. With technology that defies frizz and the ability to dry your tresses faster than ever, owning a good-quality dryer doesn’t have to hurt your hair. However, even the best dryers can cause damage if you’re not careful. Whether you use yours to seal in curls, or your main mission is to get your mane as straight and glossy as possible, there are right and wrong ways to blow dry your hair.
Steps for a Proper Blow Dry
To avoid potential damage, follow these steps to get a great blow-dry that doesn’t harm your hair.
- Apply a heat protectant: Always use a product designed to protect your tresses from heat. It could be a serum, spray or cream, but never skip this step. Be sure and apply it in sections so that all your hair is covered.
- Let hair air dry first: Don’t begin blow drying as soon as you step out of the shower. After applying your heat protectant, let your hair air dry until it’s about 50% or more dry.
- Dry section by section: To get the best results, especially if you blow dry to straighten your hair, you must dry in small sections. Hair clips are essential for this task.
- Use a round brush for straightening: Getting the hang of the two-handed technique takes some practice. Even if you never get as skilled as a professional in this area, it’s still a good method to cultivate. Focus the dryer nozzle on the top of a hair section, and place a round brush underneath. Quickly move the dryer and brush at the same time down the length of the section. You may need to repeat this a couple of times, but this is a great way to straighten lengths.
- Try a tension blow dry instead: If you don’t need your tresses to be super-straight, particularly if you just want to relax your curls a little, a tension blow dry is a gentle alternative.
It takes practice, but once you learn how to handle your dryer and tools, your blow-out can look as if you just stepped out of the salon.
Hairfinity Hair Vitamins, an innovation in hair care, is transforming the hair of women all over the world with a unique blend of vitamins, nutrients, and our exclusive Capilsana™ Complex. Hairfinity customers have reported improved manageability and an overall healthier appearance of their hair. Start YOUR journey with Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins today. SHOP NOW.
Get more hair care tips at Hairfinity.com.