Tips For Color Treated Hair
Are you bored with your hair? Do you want an instant new look? Changing your hair color can probably be a better option to give you that new look rather than a drastic haircut. Trying out new a new hairstyle needs real commitment, especially if you’re cutting your hair really short. There is no turning back. Unlike hair color, you can always dye your hair again if it turns out bad. You have to keep in mind that colored treated hair can have consequences. It can make hair really dry, brittle and frizzy, especially if you do not take good of it. Hair color can also fade in time. You may have the hair color you have always wanted, but it will not look good without proper care.
Color Treated Hair Check List
- Use conditioners that are extra moisturizing: Just like skin, our hair also needs to be moisturized. Hair that has been colored can look stiff and dry, especially the ends. It is important to use a conditioner that is extra moisturizing every time you shampoo. Use Essentious Hydrate Conditioning Treatment if you have healthy hair, or Essentious Rejuvenate Strengthening Protein Treatment followed by the Essentious Hydrate Conditioning Treatment if your hair is damaged. Concentrate the conditioner from the middle section of your hair all the way down to the tips. If you have time, let the product stay for a few minutes to let the hair absorb the moisturizing ingredients.
- Eat healthy: Proper diet can reflect on your hair. Eating the right kind of food can also make your hair healthy. Including a vitamin supplement, like HAIRFINITY hair vitamins is a great way to maximize your daily vitamin intake. When your hair gets the right nutrition it needs, it can replenish the lost luster. Also, drinking lots of water will not only hydrate your body. It will reflect on your skin and the state of your hair too.
- Rinse hair with cold water: Yes, a hot shower can remove all the stresses you had throughout the day. Hot water relaxes the body and looses tight muscles, but it is not really good for the hair. It can leave the hair dry and dull. And remember, the hotter the water, the more the hair dye will fade. So next time you go inside the shower, you can use hot water for your body, but do not forget to use cold water for your hair.
- Avoid washing hair too often: Obviously, the less frequent you wash your hair, the more you can preserve your hair color. This can be quite hard for those with oily hair. You can always use a dry shampoo on these rest days. Just spray at the roots to get rid of excess oil.
- Use hair serums or leave in conditioners: To keep your hair looking healthy and shiny, apply serum or leave in conditioner on dry hair. Check on the instructions because some products require application on damp hair. Hair serums or leave in conditioners can help smoothen out the frizz too. Put a pea-sized amount of the product onto your palm, rub your palms, and spread from the middle section of your hair, down to the tips. Just avoid the roots so your hair will not look greasy, especially by midday.
- Use hair treatments: Deep conditioning or hair treatment is needed at least once a month. For some, they do this once a week or once every two weeks. The frequency depends on how dry or damaged your hair is. Since hair color can be drying, you need to keep your hair moisturized to keep it healthy and shiny. You can go to the salon for hair treatment or for a cheaper alternative, you can do it at home. Just buy a jar of hair treatment in the grocery or drugstore. Apply a generous amount of product onto your hair, concentrating on the tips. Wrap your hair with shower cap or cling wrap and let the treatment stay for about 15 minutes before rinsing. Do not forget to rinse with cold water. You can also use a hair mask once a week to replenish the hair.
- Use a wide-tooth comb: Since your hair is prone to breakage when wet, use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush.
- Try to avoid heat styling tools: Colored-treated hair is more susceptible to damage. Heat styling tools, such as blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron, can add to the damage.
- Use heat protectant products: For occasions you cannot avoid using heat styling tools, do not forget to spray on heat protectant product. This will somehow minimize the damage to your hair.
- Stay out of the sun: Damaging UV rays can cause hair color to fade. Make sure to wear a hat when you are outside or use hair product that has UV protectant in it to save your color and prevent fast fade.
- Protect your hair from the pool: Chlorinated water can strip off hair color. To protect your hair, wear a swimming cap. If not, you can rinse hair first in the shower and apply conditioner before jumping in. If you have time to spare, leave the conditioner for a few minutes before getting in the pool. This will help prevent chlorinated water from being absorbed by the hair. Then, rinse hair after swimming.
- Take care of the tips: Since hair color can make your hair dry, get a proper haircut to remove frizz and split ends. Take a trip to your favorite salon every six weeks. This will make your hair look healthy and manageable. Remember, healthier hair means the longer the hair color will last.
- Check on your hair’s condition first before coloring: If you are coloring your hair again, make sure you have healthy hair. Weeks before your scheduled hair color, use intensive hair masks and treatments to make your hair stronger.
- Avoid touching your hair frequently: You have that perfect hair color so it is understandable that you would want to keep on touching your hair. But you have to break the habit. Your hands can be dirty and dirt can damage the hair’s cuticle or the outer part of the hair. Again, this can be a cause of hair damage, which does not look good even if you have a nice hair color.
- Do not color your hair frequently: Hair color can be damaging, especially when done frequently and repeatedly. Rest your hair for a few months before dying your hair again. If your hair grows fast, you can retouch the roots only instead of doing a full dye again.
Getting that hair color you have always wanted is not as easy as a simple hair dye. It also involves a lot of after-care for the color to last and for your hair to look healthy. Remember, no matter how nice your hair color is, it will not look as good if your hair looks dry, dull and damaged.
Hairfinity hair vitamins, an innovation in hair care, is transforming the hair of women all over the world with a unique blend of vitamins, nutrients, and our exclusive Capilsana™ Complex. Hairfinity customers have reported improved manageability and an overall healthier appearance of their hair. Start YOUR journey with Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins today. SHOP NOW.