How to Get Silky Hair: 15 Secrets for Smooth, Shiny Hair
Ever wish of having shiny, smooth, silky hair? If not all, most girls would want know how to get silky hair, just like those models in a shampoo ad. Most girls dream of having gorgeous hair like celebrities. Shiny, smooth locks means having healthy hair. Dream no more for you too can get that lustrous hair with our secret tips for shiny hair.
Secrets of how to get silky hair you’ve always dreamed of:
- Everyday shampoo is a no, no. Bathe every day but do not shampoo every day. Shampooing every day can make your hair dry as it takes away the natural oils of your hair and scalp. Shampoo just a few times a week. This will give your scalp a chance to produce oil which your hair needs for that healthier shine.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo. HAIRFINITY Gentle Cleanse Shampoo is sulfate-free. It is a moisturizing shampoo that uses organically based emulsifiers with a base of Aloe Vera gel. It moisturizes your hair giving your hair the glow that it deserves.
- Rinse with cool water. There are times you would love to take that hot shower. Hot water can relax the body and loosen tight muscles, but it is not doing anything good for the hair. It can remove the essential oils of the hair, leaving the hair dry and dull. Cold water can lock in the moisture of the hair.
- Be gentle to your hair. Massage the shampoo onto your hair and scalp gently. Do not roughly scrub your hair as your hair may be prone to breakage. Use a wide-tooth comb when removing tangles in your hair. Comb gently to prevent damage and to avoid frizz to your hair. De-tangle from the bottom and just work your way to the top. Gentle hair care is a crucial step of learning how to get silky hair.
- Moisturize hair. Use a conditioner after shampooing. Apply conditioner in the middle section of your hair all the way down to the tips. It will make your hair soft and easier to manage. Treat your hair with some deep conditioning too. Use a shower cap and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Apply hair serum or leave-in conditioner. With just a few drops of this, your dull hair will instantly look more vibrant and shinier. Hair will look silky and smooth just the way you want it. This is one of the most common ways women learn how to get silky hair.
- Eat healthy. Having a proper diet is crucial when learning how to get silky hair. Eat nutritious foods such as fruits and veggies. Eat foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon, soybeans, and shrimps. Eating the right kind of food and taking vitamins can make your hair healthy. Hairfinity hair growth vitamins contain the basic nutrients for overall health. When your hair gets the right nutrition it needs, your hair is stronger and shinier.
- Get a trim. Split ends make your hair look dull and unhealthy. A regular trim can give hair a healthy appearance making hair look soft and smooth.
- Say no to alcohol. Avoid hair products containing alcohol. It will make your hair dry and dull striping away the luster of your hair. Choose products that say alcohol-free on their labels.
- Shield yourself from the heat. You need protection from heat styling tools. Always use a heat protection spray before using a hair dryer, a curling iron, or a flat iron. Remember, heat styling tools can easily damage your hair so if you can’t avoid using these, make sure to use a heat protectant product. You also need protection from the heat of the sun. The harmful rays of the sun cause hair to dry. Besides leave-in conditioner, a hat can protect your hair from the sun’s UV rays, preventing your hair from going dry, dull, and brittle. Heat protection is crucial when learning how to get silky hair.
If you want to be certain that no harmful chemicals are being applied to your tresses, you might as well go for a do-it-yourself treatment. For shiny, smooth hair you may want to go all natural. You might just have the solution to silky, shiny, smooth hair right in your home.
- Mayonnaise Treatment
Mayonnaise contains protein and oil which is good for deep conditioning. It helps moisturize hair making hair shiny and smooth.
You would need half a cup of mayonnaise. Apply it to your hair. For deep conditioning, put on a shower cap. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Egg Mask
Eggs are good sources of protein which nourish our hair roots and gives hair its natural glow. It can easily be added to your regimen when learning how to get silky hair.
For an egg mask, you would need to beat 1-2 eggs. Add in 1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tsp olive oil. Mix well. Apply mixture to hair. Massage and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with cool water.
- Yogurt Mask
This delicious healthy food can do wonders to your hair. It helps eliminate frizz making hair smooth and soft.
Depending on the length of your hair, apply 2-4 Tbsp. of plain yogurt to your hair. Gently massage into hair and scalp. Leave for 20 minutes. For a hydrating hair mask, mix 1 beaten egg and yogurt. Apply to hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo.
- Coconut Oil Treatment
Coconut oil has antioxidant and anti-fungal properties making hair healthy. It is rich in fatty acid and other nutrients which help make your hair silky and shiny.
Depending on the length of your hair, heat 3 to 5 Tbsp. of coconut oil in a microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and reheat until it has melted. Let it cool down before applying to hair. Massage the product into your hair and scalp. Put on a shower cap. Leave it in for about an hour or even overnight. Wash off with shampoo.
- Avocado Mask
Avocado contains many essential nutrients and vitamins such as vitamins A, B, C, and E that help nourish and hydrate your hair and scalp and thus, making hair smooth and shiny.
Mash 1 ripe avocado and add in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Mix well. Apply the mixture on your hair and massage gently. Put on a shower cap. Leave it in for 30 minutes. Wash off with shampoo.
- Honey Mask
Honey attracts moisture from the air. It locks in the moisture making hair moisturized, hydrated, and shiny.
You would need 2 Tbsp. of raw honey. Mix it with 2 cups of warm water. Massage the mixture into your hair and scalp. Wrap your hair with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo.
- Olive Oil Treatment
Olive oil is a very good moisturizer. It contains vitamin A and E which aids in bringing back shine, smoothness, and moisture to your hair.
Heat half a cup of olive oil in a microwave just enough to make it warm. Set it aside for a while to let it cool down. Massage the oil into your hair and scalp. Cover hair with a shower cap. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo
Say good bye to dull, dry, lifeless hair with these easy tips for shiny hair. Getting silky, shiny, smooth hair is easily within reach. There are so many ways you can achieve the gorgeous hair you have been dreaming of. All you have to do is just look around you. The answer to that lustrous hair may be at your favorite mall, at your friendly neighborhood store, or even right in the convenience of your home.
Hairfinity hair growth vitamins is transforming the hair of women all over the world with a unique blend of vitamins, nutrients, and our exclusive Capilsana™ Complex. Users of Hairfinity have reported improved manageability and overall appearance. SHOP NOW.