A Cure For Dry Hair – It Starts on the Inside
If you’re suffering from dry hair and can’t seem to find a solution, it might be because you are starting in the wrong place. While the products you use on your hair can help hydrate it, it’s very important to hydrate your hair from the inside.
HYDRATING YOUR HAIR FROM THE INSIDE:
- Essential Fatty Acids – Eating foods that contain essential fatty acids (EFA’s) can help combat dryness and brittleness. EFA’s are found in fish such as sardines, tuna, and salmon. Also, you can get a good dose of EFA’s by eating nuts, olives, avocados and flaxseed. HAIRFINITY Intense Shine EFA Booster gives you hair a boost of Omega 6, an essential fatty acid for shinier, softer-looking hair.*
- Water – While everyone knows that drinking water is important for overall health, you may not know that dehydration can lead to dry, brittle hair. Healthy hydrated hair requires drinking about 6 to 8 cups of water each day. Not drinking enough water will cause your hair and skin to become dry.
- Silica – this mineral found in foods such as asparagus and cucumbers can help improve your hair’s strength and shine. Healthy hair is naturally more hydrated. So, incorporating this mineral in your diet can help ease dryness. One source of silica is Horsetail Extract, which is an ingredient in HAIRFINITY Healthy Hair Vitamins.
- Protein – Your hair is made of keratin protein so it only makes sense that you need to include an adequate amount of protein in your diet for healthy hair. Hair that lacks the vital amino acids that come from protein is weak, brittle, and dry. While meat is the most common source of protein, foods such as eggs and beans also provide your hair with this essential nutrient. You can also use a supplement such as HAIRFINITY Volume Builder Amino Acid Booster to make sure your hair is getting these vital amino acids.
- Vitamins – Healthy hydrated hair needs to be properly nourished from the inside. Nutrients such as Vitamin A, B-vitamins, and Vitamin C, Folic Acid, and MSM are also very important for hair. You can find these hair specific nutrients fruits, grains, and green, leafy vegetables as well as hair vitamins such as HAIRFINITY Healthy Hair Vitamins.
HYDRATING YOUR HAIR FROM THE OUTSIDE:
- Avoid the “Awful 8” Ingredients: Silicones, sulfates, mineral oils/petroleum, parabens, phthalates, PEG, propylene glycol, chlorine and formaldehyde. While these harsh ingredients are found in many popular hair products, they can dry your hair out and cause breakage. HAIRFINITY Hair Care Products contain only pure, gentle ingredients that work with your hair, not against it. That means our formulas never contain what we call “The Awful 8.”
- Keep it Cool – Avoid washing your hair with hot water as it can strip your hair of its natural oils and moisture, causing it to become dull and dry.
- Ditch the Damage. One of the major causes of dry hair is damage to the protective outer layer. Once this layer is damaged, it allows moisture to escape and your hair to dry out. The main culprits are chemical treatments (ie color, perms, and relaxers) and heat treatments (ie blow drying and straightening). Try out some heat-free styles, try rollers instead of the curling iron. Use a thermal product like HAIRFINITY Revitalizing Leave In Conditoner that protects your hair from heat up to 450 degrees when you do heat style your hair.
- Oil it Up. When we think of oil, we think of moisture. However, oil is best used to seal in moisture and protect your hair from the elements. While your scalp naturally produces oil, it is sometimes not enough for what we put our hair through daily. Try using a natural product like HAIRFINITY Nourishing Botanical Oil which increases shine and elasticity, and infuses your hair with moisture while reducing breakage up to 95%. If you are following all of the steps above, then your hair should be properly hydrated and using an oil to seal it will help keep it that way. Remember – avoid popular “silicone” based oils as they will only dry your hair out more.