Excessive shedding is a problem that plagues many people. Good nutrition is important for healthy hair growth because a well nourished body is the ideal environment for healthy hair to thrive.
Vitamins that are related to hair growth include:
- Promotes healthy hair growth and protects against dryness. Increases the elasticity of the hair’s cortex, thus preventing breakage.
- Produces keratin, which strengthens hair.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Promotes scalp circulation, contributing to hair growth.
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
- Strengthens hair folicles and cells.
- Fights dandruff and other dry scalp conditions.
- Helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp.
- Strengthens and thickens hair strands so that hair can grow longer, faster.
- Helps maintain hair and skin health.
- Helps repair and manufacture tissues.
Vitamins B6 and B12
- Bind to the receptors of steroid hormones that stunt hair growth.
- Help to regulate hormones.
Taking these supplements along with a healthy diet can have a significant effect on your hair.
In order to achieve the longest hair possible, you need to do the following:
Stop Hair Breakage – By following the hair care techniques in Secrets for Faster Hair Growth, you can minimize your hair breakage, and allow your hair to reach its maximum length.
Increase Anagen (Growth) Phase – Using Hair Vitamins with MSM will naturally lengthen your anagen phase and allow your hair to grow much longer before entering the resting and shedding phases.
Address Any Other Problems that May Limit Growth – Using specific types of products as part of a hair care regimen can help reduce breakage and increase your hair length.