Hair is made up of several parts:
- The cuticle is the outer layer which protects the hair shaft. It is coated with sebum, which gives the hair its shine. The cuticle is made of scale like cells that resemble the shingles on a roof.
- The cortex gives hair its strength, elasticity, and texture.
- The hair follicle is the part of the skin that grows the hair.
- Sebaceous glands produce the sebum that coats the cuticle.
- Melanin is the pigment in the cortex which gives hair its color.
In understanding the structure of hair, you can better grasp how hair grows for yourself
How Hair Grows:
- Most people have about 100,000 hairs on their head. Normal
growth is about one quarter to one half inch per month. Actually
hair that grows one half inch per month is considered fast growing.
Every hair on your head will go through three phases: growing,
resting, and shedding.
- The growing phase can last from 3 to 7 years.
- The resting phase lasts about 2 to 4 weeks.
- The shedding phase can last from 3 to 4 months. This shedding
is the natural process that replaces old hairs with new hairs.
It is normal to lose about 50 to 80 hairs per day.
- If you have ever wondered why your hair will grow to a certain
length then stop, it is because of your growing phase. Your
growing phase (or anagen) is a certain length of time. This
is something that we are born with, so there isn't much that
changes it. A person with a very long growing phase will grow
longer hair than a person with a shorter growing phase. Therefore,
the anagen phase actually determines the maximum length your
hair will grow. MSM is a naturally occurring sulfur believed to naturally extend the hair growth phase.
- Hair vitamins can be used to promote healthy hair growth, but it
will not repair any damage done to your hair, or prevent further
damage. You must use treatments and other hair care products
to keep your hair from breaking. HairFinity vitamins are formulated with essential nutrients for healthy hair. Our vitamins nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT.
Sometimes hair may seem not to grow at all. Many times this may be due to hair loss, breakage, or a deficiency. There are many types of alopecia that may cause the hair growth to be stunted. These types of hair issues may need to be addressed more thoroughly.
In order to achieve the longest hair possible you need to do
- Stop Hair Breakage - by following the hair care techniques
for Faster Hair Growth, you can minimize your hair breakage
and allow you hair to reach it maximum length.
- Nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT- Using Hair Vitamins formulated with essential nutrients to promote healthy hair growth will help your hair grow longer, stronger, thicker, and faster.
- Address Any Other Problems that May Limit Growth- Using
specific types of products as part of a hair care regimen can
help reduce breakage and increase your hair length.
your FREE Customized Hair Care Regimen.
Grow Longer, Stronger Hair
Hairfinity Vitamins are formulated with essential nutrients for healthy hair growth. Our vitamins nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT. See results in the first month.
Get a Free Hair Care Regimen
Do you suffer with, breakage, or shedding? Your hair care regimen may be to blame. Learn which products to use with your Hairfinity hair vitamins for the best results.
Place Your Order Online
Ready to get faster growing, longer, stronger hair. Get your Hairfinity Hair Vitamins and the hair products you need to begin your journey to healthier hair.