Taking vitamins is very important to the overall health of your hair. There are specific nutrients that are essential to having healthy hair and achieving maximum hair growth. The following are vitamins and nutrients that help grow healthy hair:
- Vitamin B complex nourishes and supports a healthy scalp environment and hair growth. Deficiencies in any of these vitamins can lead to hair thinning, hair loss, graying, and weakening of the hair structure.
- Biotin helps produce keratin that prevents hair loss and hair graying. It is also known to increase hair elasticity, protect hair from becoming dry, and thicken hair to give the appearance of fullness.
- Silica helps maintain skin’s elasticity and helps keep hair lustrous due to its ability to maintain collagen.
- MSM contains sulfur that’s required for healthy collagen and keratin, both of which are essential for healthy hair growth.
- Folic Acid is known to help maintain healthy hair and may aid in preventing hair loss. When paired with Pantothenic Acid, it may also delay the graying of hair.
- Vitamins A and C are antioxidants believed to stimulate hair growth by enhancing the immune function and thereby improving scalp health at a cellular level.
- Vitamin D helps prevent hair shedding which is critical to a voluminous, fuller head of hair.
Scalp stimulation is a very important – yet overlooked – part of hair care. Stimulating circulation in the scalp is achieved simply by massage. This will cause more blood to go to the roots of your hair, delivering nutrients and oxygen where it is needed, and helping the follicles produce hair more quickly. Massage your scalp for at least five minutes a day.
How to Massage Your Scalp
Without bending your fingers, start by pushing your whole scalp in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Then move your fingers to a different area, and repeat for another 30 seconds, covering the entire scalp. Next, place your fingers firmly on your scalp and rub vigorously for about 10 seconds. Cover the entire scalp in this way as well.
Hair Growth Tips
- Do not use rubber bands or metal clips on the hair.
- Do not brush wet hair.
- Air dry hair whenever possible.
- Wear hair in a protective style whenever possible. Protective styles are those which don’t expose the ends, such as buns and French twists.
- Extend time between shampoos as long as possible.
- Avoid chemical processes.
- Use natural boar-bristle brushes.
- Do not use very hot water when rinsing.
- Add crushed garlic cloves to your conditioner, and deep condition to stop hair shedding.
- Use Miconzole Nitrate (yes, yeast infection cream like Monistat) for thinning edges and bald spots.
How to Grow Your Hair Its Longest
First of all, your hair care regimen should be as “hair friendly” as possible. That means you should be following the steps outlined above to minimize breakage. Second, you should incorporate hair specific nutrients into your diet such as biotin, Vitamins A, C, and D, Silica, MSM, and other hair specific nutrients. Hairfinity Hair Vitamins contain these hair specific nutrients AND MORE to promote healthy hair growth.